2 zucchini, chopped medium
2 yellow squash, chopped medium
1/2 red onion, chopped small
6 large cloves garlic, chopped small
6 red or yellow tomatoes, chopped medium
1 yellow pepper, chopped medium
1 red pepper, chopped medium
3 T. chopped fresh parsley
3 T. chopped fresh savory
(you could use any fresh herbs that appeal to you)
1 t. sugar
1 t. dried oregano
1 T. olive oil, plus more for sautéing
- Unfortunately, I had to augment this recipe a bit:
- I have no clue what savory is, or where I would find it, so I didn’t use any.
- With none on hand, I actually had to omit the fresh basil as well
- One more dramatic deviation from this recipe is that I only let it cook up for 30 minutes as opposed to the full hour noted above. I simply ran out of time… but it sure looked done to me!
- What I did NOT learn: I had no clue what to pair with this dish! I thought that it would be a dish sufficient as an entrée, and while we did eat it as such, it did feel a little bit lacking.