February 17, 2011
This is one of the best and absolutely the EASIEST soup I have attempted. Even a novice, like myself couldn't mess this one up! The only thing easier would be opening a can of Campbell’s… but not close to as yummy. The husband and I have always been big fans of Panera’s black bean soup, and this one actually comes pretty close! I vow to keep a couple cans of black beans on hand at all times, so that I can throw this one together when I am tight on time.
Black Bean and Salsa Soup
What You Need:
2 cans black beans (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup salsa
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, Chives/Green Onions to garnish as you prefer
What You Do:
1. In an electric food processor or blender, combine beans, broth, salsa, and cumin.
2. Blend until fairly smooth.
3. Heat the bean mixture in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
4. Garnish and serve.
What I Learned:
1. Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated to be impressively good!
2. This recipe is perfect for doubling (even tripling if you blend in batches). Next time, I will definitely make enough so that there some left to heat up for lunch the next day.
The Verdict: This one will surely become a repeat offender in my kitchen!
Recipe from allrecipes.