January 27, 2011

Welcome!


With so many beautiful food blogs on the internet and an entire television network (or 4) devoted to the art of a perfect plate, the urge to step into my kitchen and create one for myself doesn’t surprise me.  It’s the lack of know-how that stops me once I get there and I’m confronted with my stove top and appliances (courtesy of my wedding registry) that I may or may not know how to use.

So though I never quite learned how to cook, I can definitely read.  My school marks would show that I’ve always been good at following directions as well.  So… with recipes in one hand and a spatchula in the other, I prepare to go from newlywed novice to domestic goddess! How long this transformation will take???  Your guess is as good as mine.  

Along the way I’ll be penning my pursuits here.  Maybe there will be some other kitchen newbies out there to commiserate when my dish looks nothing like the photos on my favorite food blog.  Perhaps there will even be some experts to point me in the right direction…

Here’s to hoping that practice makes perfect and that dinner tastes yummy tonight!





0 comments:

Post a Comment